The Near North District School Board
Supply Early Childhood Educators
The Near North District School Board recognizes the importance of providing an enriched learning environment to enhance children’s social-emotional, cognitive and physical development in preparation for lifelong learning. The Early Learning Program will be working in partnership with school administration, teachers, parents, other early childhood educators, educational support staff and special education to facilitate the learning of children in the school environment and support the extension of learning into the child’s home.
Summary of Duties:
- Design, prepare and implement an early learning environment and enriched curriculum that addresses children’s development, abilities, special talents, interest, style and pace of learning in conjunction with the Kindergarten Teacher
- Provide an inclusive learning environment that reflects the diversity of the school and community
- Collaborate with kindergarten teachers, other early childhood educators and parents to plan and implement the Early Learning Program Curriculum
- Work in collaboration with the Early Learning Program team to ensure ongoing tracking of child progress via journals, observations, assessment tools and student portfolios
- Participate in team and parent communications and meetings as required
- Provide a welcoming, safe and positive environment that recognizes and respects differences in children
- Two-year Early Childhood Education Diploma with related experience in an early learning environment and preferably within an educational setting
- Proof of registration and in good standing with The College of Early Childhood Educators
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and in a sensitive and courteous manner with children, teachers, staff, parents and community members
- Demonstrated experience in successfully designing, preparing and implementing early learning curriculum
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment
- Proficiency in computer applications (word processing, e-mail and internet)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector is required.
The Near North District School Board is committed to supporting an inclusive and
accessible environment. Please ask us how we may help you by contacting:
Human Resources Department
Phone (705) 472-7015 ext. 5068 - Fax (705) 472-5412